Position Title: Transportation Planning Intern (unpaid)
Division: Eastern Region Planning
Location: Spokane, WA
The WSDOT Eastern Region Planning Office is seeking a motivated
college student to join their team as an intern. In this position,
you will gain valuable working experience to supplement your
educational goals and provide you a professional edge in your career
pursuit. The position will perform all or some of the following work
under close supervision:
- Research and develop a region Geographic Information System datasets
that may include one or more of the following:
Land use changes associated with specific regional transportation
projects in Eastern Region.
- Indian Reservation Roads (IRR) in relation to state highways in Eastern Region.
- Manage Develop Services Review data (Transportation Impact Studies,
Developer Improvements, etc.) relating state highways in Eastern
From the manager's perspective, the ideal intern will:
- Work with GIS data to display data and evaluate trends or
correlations. Have the ability to import data into GIS software. Have
familiarity with ArcView 10 or higher.
- Be familiar with spreadsheets and the manipulation of data.
- Communicate/interact with other agencies.
- Be enrolled in a recognized curriculum at a higher education
institution and have completed a least one semester/quarter in
Geographical Information Systems class work.
Please note, this position is an unpaid internship where the intern
will be expected to work between 10-20 hours per week when school begins.