ASP Meeting Notes
· Dr. Winchell is unavailable to meet in Spokane on Thursdays because he teaches a class in Cheney, so he will not attend meetings during this quarter. However, depending on how early he arrives in Cheney, he might be able to participate in those meetings
· The Studio received a new printer for student use.
o Please keep prints to one copy
· The Chili Cook-Off will take place the last weekend in October – we need to be thinking about rounding up donations for the silent auction.
· Dr. Winchell would like to do a bike ride/social event out to Fish Lake on Oct. 1st
· The Spokane River Clean-Up day is also Oct. 1st:
o Ali is working with the Spokane River Forum and mentioned that they will be stationed at Mirabeau Point in the Valley, but there are multiple points along the river to participate. If you are interested in helping, visit these sites:
· Kate mentioned that the The Land’s Council needs help planting 10,000 trees for Reforest Spokane Day on Oct. 22nd
· Karl brought up the idea of creating department Pint Glasses to sell at the Chili Cook-Off. He has contacted a screen printer in Seattle that can do the glasses for around $3 a piece.
· He would also like to create some sweatshirts and other URP/MURP paraphernalia to sell to alumni at events.
o Anyone with graphic design experience is encouraged to contact Karl if they would like to help: firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Cascadia Conference (for WA & OR) is taking place in Portland this year over the Oct 19-21 weekend.
· Students can register for a drastically reduced price and ASP has received ASEWU funds to help offset the cost and provide scholarships.
o Brian asked for a committee to help coordinate any department efforts for the conference.
§ Jason & Brian both volunteered.
· Brian discussed changing the bylaws phrasing to read that anyone who is a confirmed member of the ASP will be considered a member. This is due to the open-endedness of the current phrasing for voting purposes, etc. We will discuss in more length at a later time.
§ Will Simpson has been asked to spearhead this re-phrasing.
ALL DEPARTMENT NEWS:
· We have an all department meeting on Sept. 22.
o We will attempt to do a data collection at the meeting for all who wish to be confirmed members of the association – name/program/cohort/email/birthdates – for ASP purposes
o We will be asking for a Cheney rep for the board, so we should prepare for an election.
§ Karl raised a motion to hold an election for a Rep 2 weeks from now, it was seconded.
END TIME 12:50PM